Stillness in Action
The 7 Elements to Success for Leaders
This book sheds light on the traps we fall into in a busy working life, and how to avoid them.
Drawing on engaging stories of real life events and typical occurrences in high pressured environments, you will recognize the fixes we all get ourselves into. By delving down to uncover the neuroscience involved in the interplay between our minds and bodies, this book gives you full permission to break the rules and the justification to do things differently.
The purpose of this book is to introduce 7 simple practices of stillness that will transform the way we go about taking action, both in small businesses and in large corporations. The Alpha Pause, The Radical Rest, the Single Breath, amongst others, will become commonly used phrases and practices in your work environment. They will be the 'go to' techniques when you are stuck, exhausted, bored, overwhelmed, frustrated or just plain disconnected with what you are doing.
These practices will integrate easily into your working life and bring you inspiration, joy and release, as well as the clarity, courage and certainty to take effective action. Once you have read this book, you will be able to reconcile the drive to meet deadlines and the need to get things done, with your inner knowing that expresses who you are and how you want to be in the world.
Get bonus material directly from the author to help make this book even more effective in your life. Please submit the form below to gain access.
We value your privacy and would never spam you
About the Author
- England Lacrosse Player late 1980's
- England Lacrosse Sports Psychologist
- England Lacrosse Coach early 1990's
- Moutaineering and Trekking expeditions in the Himalayas
- Mother of 2 amazing children
- Currently President of the European School of T'ai Chi Chuan
- Reiki Master
- PhD Social Psychology, London School of Economics
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach
- President of The European School of T’ai Chi Chuan
- Author: Transforming Social Representations: A social psychology of common sense and science
Dr. Caroline Purkhardt lives in the mountains of the French Alps and daily draws on her connection with nature to give her wisdom and guidance to successfully lead Lauvitel Lodge. Her first book was based on her doctorate at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She swore then that if she ever wrote another book it would be for many people to read. More importantly, it would be down to earth and appealing, with the possibility of making a practical difference. Stillness in Action is exactly this; a combination of a scientific background with the implications of neuroscience; of life experiences in international sport and entrepreneurial business; and a real desire to positively impact everyday working life in international corporations.
With an undying interest in integrating seemingly disparate fields, Dr Caroline Purkhardt brings together good business practices with mindfulness and embodied leadership. This integration is informed by her expertise in the martial art of T’ai Chi Chuan, by her work as a Catalyst Coach (CPCC) and by the development of Lauvitel Lodge as an outstanding venue both for holidays and for retreats.
Dr Caroline Purkhardt’s mission is to bring body wisdom and spiritual connection into the work place. Just as we develop the skills and take the time to create and implement projects, liaise with clients and coordinate with staff and colleagues, take care of the financial well-being of the business, put in place the structures and systems that lend efficiency, so too we must develop the skills and dedicate the time to connect with our spiritual essence and listen to the wisdom of our body.
Dr. Caroline Purkhardt believes that Body Wisdom and Spiritual Connection guide, inform, inspire and direct our actions in a way that is both true to ourselves and in coordination with those around us. They lend an integrity to our actions that goes beyond our rational minds and personal feelings. They are a key aspect of efficiency that is directed both to the detail of running the business and to the larger goal of creating businesses that are healthy, sustainable and successful.
Stillness in Action
The 7 Elements to Success for Leaders
How You Never Ever Stop
A life without stillness is like a paragraph with no punctuation. This book is about putting the punctuation back into your life so that it has meaning.
Waking Up With Google Gratitude
Waking up with a sense of gratitude filling your mind and a conscious breath filling your body changes the rest of your day.
Instant Coffee or Grounded
Instead of rushing into your day, taking 2 minutes to consciously connect to the ground, to the earth, brings a sense of stability and security that lasts throughout the day.
On Your Way to Work
Finding inspiration and setting an intention for the day that is more based on your intuition and your essence than on your list of things to do.
Fitting In and Standing Out
When we bring all of who we are to the workplace, what we do and how we do it becomes more meaningful and creative.
Purposeful Action, Not Distraction
It is very easy to be busy for the sake of busyness. This is about discerning the difference between busy action and purposeful action.
Two Days in One
Taking a break is not slacking. Taking a break (be it at lunchtime, in the evenings, at the weekend or on holiday) is invigorating and transformative.
Coming Home to Self
When we compartmentalize our lives it is easy for them to be in conflict with one another. This is about honouring and reconnecting the different aspects of ourselves.
Where to Next
This looks at the larger scale implications for businesses and the role of reconnecting with the natural elements.
Stillness in Action gives you an open door to more happiness at work and leading successful lives.
- ‘The Fall Experience’: This book shifts the spotlight from your ‘Peak Experience’ to your ‘Fall Experience’ and, more significantly, the Recovery. Our richest experiences and our strengths lie in when we have failed and how we recovered.
- Balance between Yin and Yang: This book explores the paradigm shift that is happening in business and how to integrate the feminine and masculine attributes of leadership. By taking moments of stillness, your actions will be naturally more effective so that you get both the results you want and to feel good about it.
- Nature’s Elements: Each element – earth, air, water, wood, fire, sky and consciousness – has specific, identifiable qualities that inform, support and invigorate our actions. This book will show you how they can serve as a resource of energy and assist you, particularly when things are challenging and you want to instigate and actively direct change.
ORDER YOUR BOOK
Share this page with your friends...